Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
Murdoch LEAD Senior Fellow
Vice President, Combinatorial Mathematics Society of Australasia
Web Editor, AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group
College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education
90 South St, Murdoch, WA 6150, AUSTRALIA
Phone: +61 (08) 9360 2307
Office: 245.3.027 (Science & Computing building 245)
Email: A [dot] Glen [at] murdoch.edu.au
Research Interests: Combinatorics; Discrete Mathematics; Number Theory
Main Research Area: Combinatorics on words
I am happy to supervise Honours and PhD projects in any of the above areas. Feel free to e-mail me or, if you’re in Perth, drop by my office to discuss possible topics. To get an idea of the sorts of things I work on, see my publications or talks.
Former PhD student: Dr Steve Widmer, awarded a PhD in Mathematics (with an Honourable Mention) at Université Claude Bernard – Lyon 1 in November 2010 (co-supervised with Luca Zamboni).
I am a founder and director of the Centre for Combinatorics on Words and Applications at Murdoch University and am also a member of the following professional societies and groups.
- Australian Mathematical Society – AustMS (since 2003)
- AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group (since 2012)
- Combinatorial Mathematics Society of Australasia (Life Member)
I have on-going administrative involvement with these professional societies/groups in the following capacities.
- Vice President of the CMSA (since 2018)
- Web Editor for AustMS WIMSIG (since early 2013)
- Member of AustMS Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee (since 2018)
Past roles on committees and councils include:
- Chair of AustMS Student Conference Support Committee (2018)
- Chair of Judging Panel for CMSA Anne Penfold Street Student Prize (2017)
- Council of the CMSA, Ordinary Member (2014-2017)
- Council of the AustMS, Ordinary Member (2013-2015)
- Exec. Committee of AustMS WIMSIG, Ordinary Member (2013-2014)
TEACHING in 2020
- Semester 1: MAS162 – Foundations of Discrete Mathematics
- OUA SP1: MAS162 – Foundations of Discrete Mathematics
- May (TMD) Dubai: MAS162 – Foundations of Discrete Maths
- Semester 2:
- Chair, PhD Advisory Committee for J. Jose (since 2018)
- Convenor, Mathematics and Statistics Seminar Series (since 2009)
- Coordinator, Maths and Stats Clinic (2010-2013)
- Long distance running
- Tech (in particular, Apple stuff and smart home devices)
- Music: alternative/indie/electronica/Australian/Icelandic (see Last.fm)
Note: For a number of reasons (particularly privacy concerns), you will not find me on Facebook.
Last Updated: March 2, 2020