Mathematics and Statistics
Murdoch LEAD Senior Fellow
Vice President, Combinatorial Mathematics Society of Australasia
Webmaster, AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group
Phone: +61 (08) 9360 2307
Office: 245.3.027 (Science & Computing building 245)
Email: A [dot] Glen [at] murdoch.edu.au
Research Interests: Combinatorics; Discrete Mathematics; Number Theory
Main Research Area: Combinatorics on words
I am happy to supervise Honours and PhD projects in any of the above areas. Feel free to e-mail me or, if you’re in Perth, drop by my office to discuss possible topics. To get an idea of the sorts of things I work on, see my publications or talks.
Former PhD student: Dr Steve Widmer, awarded a PhD in Mathematics (with an Honourable Mention) at Université Claude Bernard – Lyon 1 in November 2010 (co-supervised with Luca Zamboni).
I am a founder and director of the Centre for Combinatorics on Words and Applications at Murdoch University and am also a member of the following professional societies and groups.
- Australian Mathematical Society – AustMS (since 2003)
- AustMS Women in Mathematics Special Interest Group (since 2012)
- Combinatorial Mathematics Society of Australasia (Life Member)
I have on-going administrative involvement with these professional societies/groups in the following capacities.
- AustMS Student Conference Support Committee (Chair 2018)
- Vice President of the CMSA (2018)
- Webmaster of the AustMS WIMSIG (since early 2013)
Past roles on committees and councils include:
- Chair of Judging Panel for CMSA Anne Penfold Street Student Prize (2017)
- Council of the CMSA, Ordinary Member (2014-2017)
- Council of the AustMS, Ordinary Member (2013-2015)
- Exec. Committee of AustMS WIMSIG, Ordinary Member (2013-2014)
TEACHING in 2018
- Semester 1: MAS162 – Foundations of Discrete Mathematics
- May Trimester in Dubai: MAS167 – Computational Maths
- May Trimester in Singapore: MAS162 – Discrete Mathematics
- Semester 2:
- Chair, PhD Advisory Committee for J. Jose (since 2018)
- Member, School Strategic Group – Engineering & IT (since 2017)
- Member, School Research Committee – Engineering & IT (since 2017)
- Member, School International Committee – Engineering & IT (2016-18)
- Member, School Board – Engineering & IT (since 2013)
- Convenor, Mathematics and Statistics Seminar Series (since 2009)
- Coordinator, Maths and Stats Clinic (2010-2013)
Note: For a number of reasons (particularly privacy concerns), you will not find me on Facebook.
Last Updated: March 25, 2018